If you're thinking ahead to your next dream home, the road you need to take to get there may seem confusing. Do you search for listings online? Drop by Open Houses on the weekends? Call the number on For Sale signs?
Let's break it all down! Here are the specific steps you need to take to ensure you find a home that fits your wants, needs and budget.
1. Find out how much your current property will likely sell for on today’s market.
2. Arrange for financing, so you know what you can afford.
3. Select neighbourhoods you'd love to live in. (That may involve some fun exploring!)
4. Decide on the type of home you want to buy. (For example: detached, three-bedroom, etc.)
5. Prioritize the property features you want most,…